CT21102 is a specialized DCDC boost charger designed to transfer, with the highest efficiency, the energy collected by the majority of DC energy harvesting transducers (like small solar cells). Combined with the Active Rectifier CT21500, it can work with most of the AC energy harvesting transducers (like piezo harvester and wireless power). Using an external resonant FET-boost, the combined CT21500 and CT21102 can transfer the energy coming from thermoelectric TEGs with few mV outputs. It can work with supply voltage as low as 0.9V.
Best energy transfer efficiency is achieved by means of a specialized architecture able to adapt the input impedance (by means of proper BOM selection and digital programmability) from 2ÃŽÂ© to 100KÃŽÂ©.
Maximum Peak Power Tracking (MPPT) strategies can be realized by means of an external microprocessor.
The block features an on-chip low side nmos switch while an off chip schottky diode is needed in order to build the asynchronous boost topology.
The component is optimized for ease of use and integration in complex SoCs.
- Input Voltage Range: 0.9V to 3.6V
- Input Impedance Range: 2? to 100K?
- Max Output Current 30mA
- Storage Element: capacitor, SuperCap, chemical battery
- Overcharge voltage monitor from 1.35V to 3.6V with 0.15V steps
- Operative temp. from -10Â°C to 60Â°C
- Solar DC power Harvesting
- Piezo and EM AC power harvesting (in combination with Active Rectifier CT21500)
- TEG power harvesting (in combination with an external boost and the active rectifier CT21500)
Block Diagram of the MPPT programmable boost charger