The NOOSHA GPS-BB is a 16- channel C/A code baseband processor for use in NAVSTAR GPS satellite receivers.
The NOOSHA GPS-BB despreads & demodulates the 50 bps data stream embedded in the GPS signal and provides the estimated signal propagation and delays. Full position-velocity-time solution is then calculated.
The main feature of the designed GPS receiver is 90% power saving mode in which the power is saved by means of turning the system on & off periodically. After the navigation data is updated, the system can turn off the RF and baseband for 90% duty cycle. This feature of power saving is valuable in human scale applications.
- Single frequency standard positioning service (L1 band)
- 16 parallel channels
- Computes user’s position, velocity, and time
- Power-saving features for extremely low power operation
- At least one updates per second for Normal mode (Full power)
- One update every 3 seconds for power saving mode
- Using the power on-off mechanism, the processor is capable for other processes.
- The GPS-BB design can be customized for a specified application.
- IP is protected by U.S. Patents
- The MARBLE GPS Baseband IP package includes synthesizable Verilog source and simulation test-benches.
- Also, MARBLE GPS-BB is available in ANSI C format.