The 10G Ethernet MAC Controller is a highly flexible and configurable design targeted for desktop, server, mobile, networking and telecom applications. The controller architecture is carefully tailored to optimize link utilization, latency, reliability, power consumption, and silicon footprint.
The The 10G Ethernet MAC Controller's simple, configurable and layered architecture is independent of application logic, PHY designs, implementation tools and, most importantly, the target technology. The solution allows the licensees to easily migrate among FPGA, Gate array and Standard cell technologies optimally. Its flexible backend interface makes it easy to be integrated into wide range of applications. Mobiveil solution provides highly scalable bandwidth through configurable lanes, widths and frequencies.
The 10G Ethernet MAC Controller leverages years of experience in PCI, PCI-X and HyperTransport technologies and the expertise in creating system validated IP solutions with RTL, synthesis, simulation, board and software elements to offer lowest risk in terms of compliance and inter operability.
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3ae-2002 specification
- Supports full duplex flow control - IEEE 802.3x
- Supports VLAN - compliant to IEEE 802.3ac, 802.1Q at 1.25/2.5/3.125/5/6.25Gbps
- Link fault signalling – generation and detection, as per clause 46.3.4 (IEEE 802.3ae)
- Host-based, in-band and automatic PAUSE frame control
- Jumbo and Short frame support
- Supports OC-192c PHY devices in WAN mode
- Supports MDIO for PHY management
- Management counters for RMON, SNMP, 802.3ae
- Maskable interrupts for major hardware events
- Highly Configurable : Hardware & Software options
- Superior architecture-optimized for high performance, link utilization, low latency, low power and low gate count
- Feature rich, highly flexible, scalable, configurable and timing friendly design
- Ease of integration
- Verified with in-House VIP
- Verilog RTL
- Behavioral test bench and test cases
- PCI Express and Application BFM
- ASIC Synthesis environment
- Networking and communications
Block Diagram of the 10G Ethernet MAC