The DesignWare® Self-Test and Repair (STAR) Memory System™ is a comprehensive, integrated test, repair and diagnostics solution that supports repairable or nonrepairable embedded memories across any foundry, process node or memory IP vendor. Silicon-proven in over a billion chips on a range of process nodes, the STAR Memory System is a cost-effective solution for improving test quality and repair of manufacturing faults found in advanced technologies like FinFET.
The STAR Memory System’s highly automated design implementation and diagnostic flow enables SoC designers to achieve quick design closure and significantly improve time-to-market and time-to-yield in volume production. The STAR Memory System has been certified for the ISO 26262 automotive functional safety standard by SGS-TUV Saar GmbH, an independent accredited assessor. In addition, the test and repair support for e-flash and embedded MRAM enables the STAR Memory System to be used in IoT applications.
- Synthesizable test and repair register transfer level (RTL) IP
- STAR Memory System Design Acceleration (DA) scripts: Automates the planning, generation, insertion, and verification of test and repair RTL IP
- STAR Memory System Yield Accelerator: Automates the generation of tester ready patterns in WGL/STIL/SVF, test algorithm programmability and post silicon failure diagnostics and fault classification
- STAR Memory System Silicon Browser: Provides interactive silicon debug of memory using a personal computer or workstation
- STAR Memory System ECC: Automatically generates ECC Verilog code, testbenches and scripts for single-port and multiport SRAM memories
- STAR Memory System ext-RAM: Offers a high-coverage, cost-effective test and diagnostics solution for external memories such as DDR and LPDDR via JTAG, either during production or in-field test
- STAR Memory System CAM: Supports specialty content addressable memory (CAM) such as binary, ternary and XYCAMs with support for common CAM capabilities
- Complete memory test, repair and diagnostics solution supporting embedded SRAM, register files, CPU and GPU caches, CAM, multi ports, embedded flash, MRAM as well as external memory such as DDR/LPDDR
- Increased design productivity with hierarchical architecture and automated system-on-chip (SoC) integration and verification
- High-quality test to provide full memory defect coverage with minimum test time
- High yield with efficient on-chip repair across multiple operating corners
- Superior diagnostics with physical failed bitmaps and XY coordinate identification to quickly determine root cause of failures
- Increased field reliability with STAR Memory System Error Correcting Codes’ (ECC) multi-bit transient error correction
- ISO 26262 certified to meet the safety requirements of the most stringent designs targeting ASIL D Supports Internet of Things (IoT) applications with the industry’s first commercial built-in self-test (BIST) solution for embedded flash