The HIP 3300 Serial RapidIO IP solution is a complete high-performance core that incorporates a logical layer, a transport layer, and a physical layer according to the RapidIO specification ver 2.1. HIP3300 IP core also supports I/O and message-passing. The core provides a Serial RapidIO interface on one side and ARM's AMBA 3 AHB, high performance interface on the other side of the core, allowing felxible and high performance communication with host CPU. Modular design of the IP core
allows easy implementation of add-on third party bus interfaces and/or other standard bus interface. IP core also has internal multi-channel DMA desciprot based, controller that fully exploits AHB protocol features and thus supports highest available data throughput and back to back packet transmissions.
This IP core has been designed and verified using Cadence state-of-the-art EDA tools, methodology and recommended design and verification flow.
- Conforms to the latest RapidIO Interconnect specification – Rev.2.1
- AMBA 3 AHB ARM CPU host interface, for high performance on-chip communication.
- Supports multiple high speed lanes, (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x modes).
- Configurable modes of operation; 1.25 Gbaud/s, 2.5 Gbaud/s, 3.125 Gbaud/s, 5Gbaud/s, 6.25Gbaud/s transfer rates.
- Internal multi-channel DMA, descriptor based,controller that fully exploits AHB protocol features and thus supports highest available data throughput and back to back packets transmission.
- Configuration and Status Register File containing over 40 architectural registers providing total software control of IP core.
- Number of software maskable interrupt request signals.
- Full backward compatibility with RapidIO specification revision 1.3
- Provides roadmap to future RapidIO specification revisions.
- IP core version with AMBA AXI interface is option
- Highly Configurable
- Modularized for IP reuse
- Fully synchronous
- Clearly defined clock domains
- Layered architecture
- Single or multi-use license
- Verilog RTL source code
- Comprehensive documentation package
- Functional specification
- User guide