The PowerVR™ GX5300, introduced in 2014 based on the groundbreaking SGX architecture, is the world’s smallest Android-capable core building upon previous Series5 devices, with substantial improvements in efficiency, providing an ideal low-power solution for entry-level smartphones, wearables, IoT and other small footprint embedded applications, including enterprise devices such as printers.
- 0.55mm2 (250MHz in 28nm) silicon footprint
- Full OpenGL ES 2.0 capability
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Imagination’s advanced PVRTC texture compression technology
- With the new PowerVR Series5XE GX5300 core, companies can create compelling GUIs and user experiences with longer battery life for a range of low-cost, area constrained applications.
- The PowerVR GX5300 has been designed for graphics efficiency in ultra-compact silicon area, obtaining better real device performance and compatibility without unnecessary overhead. This GPU is optimized for small footprint devices, yet does not compromise functionality, with full support for APIs such as OpenGL ES 2.0 and Imagination’s industry-leading PVRTC texture compression format.
Block Diagram of the PowerVR Series5XE GPU