Comcores offers an xRAN ready radio PHY-L1 engine (Layer 1) IP that implements 3GPP 36-series (LTE) and 38-series (NR) compliant radio protocol processing according to the xRAN defined split point 7-2x. The IP is targeting the Radio Unit (RU) side and is scalable for any kind of RU deployment. The IP core has been tested in hardware and a demonstrator is available for early proof of concept. The IP uses general interfaces for easy integration with any xRAN transport mapper solution towards the centralized baseband unit (CU) and any RF subsystem towards the antennas.
- Delivers Performance:
- Implements RU PHY-L1 LTE and NR compliant processing according to xRAN functional split 7-2x for both RU category A and B including FFT/iFFT transformation, Cyclic Prefix insertion/removal, beamforming, PRACH filtering and precoding (RU category B only)
- Supports any LTE and NR defined channel bandwidths up to 100 MHz with support for mixed numerology for up to 8 Component Carriers on up to 64 antennas
- Easy to use:
- Test bench is available both as stand-alone or with Comcores eCPRI solution integrated for support of xRAN transportation
- Simple and agnostic interfacing towards a xRAN transport mapper with clear separations of U- and C-plane interfaces allows for easy integration
- Configurable for many operating modes
- Silicon Agnostic:
- Designed in VHDL and targeting any RTL implementation like ASICs, ASSPs and FPGAs.
- Reduces bandwidth requirements for fronthaul
- Highly tested and proven solution
- Comes with Native RoE mapper/demapper as an option for easy Ethernet connectivity
- Hardware test setup available for both BB and Radio side
- The IP cores can be provided as separate blocks or as a subsystem tailored for your exact application. An extensive documentation that among others include Product Brief, User Manual, Test Environment and test reports are available.
- The core will by default come in an encrypted format. Source code option is available.
- Reduction of fronthaul bandwidth
- xRAN/eCPRI based Radio Units
- Ethernet based fronthaul
Block Diagram of the L1 Offload Engine