The TV Tuner is a highly integrated CMOS single-chip, direct down-conversion tuner IC for digital TV standards such as DTMB,CMMB. The tuner IC covers UHF IV,V bands(470-862MHz), it features low power consumption and low number of external components. It includes LNA, RF PGAs, down-conversion mixer, RF/BB RSSI and digitally adjustable automatic gain control circuitries, an adjustable channel select filter with onchip bandwidth calibration, BB programmable gain amplifiers, VCOs with a high resolution fractional-N PLL, digital controlled crystal oscillator (DCXO), and digital interface/control circuits. The tuner IC supports 3-wire
Serial Interface and I2C compatible serial interface. The internal DCXO makes it cost competitive.
The tuner is manufactured in CMOS technology and hosted in QFN32 package.
- Direct down-conversion architecture without the need of tracking or SAW filters
- 3-wire Serial Interface or I2C compatible Serial Interface
- 3.3/1.8V compatible I/O
- Integrated DCXO eliminates the need for bulky and expensive VC-TCXO.
- Internal sophisticated RF/BB RSSI and AGC for linearity and sensitivity optimization
- Digitally adjustable AGC take-over points
- 106dB receive AGC range
- Various on-chip automatic analog calibrations ensure yield at process corners
- Digital/PWM optional control mode for BB PGA Gain Settings
- Digital controlled power saving modes for best power efficiency
- Digitally adjustable baseband output common mode voltage levels
- Integrated Receiver DC Offset cancellation Loop
- Fractional-N synthesizer with fully integrated VCO
- UHF mobile TV receiver
- Portable Media Players
- Automotive Infotainment Systems
- Personal Digital Assistants
- Laptop and Desktop PC’s
Block Diagram of the DTMB CMMB TV Tuner IC