Third-Generation, High-Performance CPU Based on DynamIQ Technology
Built for powering next-generation 5G solutions
Designed for devices undertaking complex compute tasks, from edge to cloud, for next-generation experiences. Cortex-A77 enables intelligent 5G compute, with performance gains on previous generations across all form factors from mobile to laptops. Maintains Arm’s industry leading efficiency with next-generation device architecture to drive the fast deployment of new applications enabled by 5G.
- Laptop-Class Performance
- Pushing smartphones to new levels of performance, Cortex-A77 improves user experience across the most complex compute tasks. Bringing superior laptop-class performance to all form factors from mobile to large screen computing.
- Enabling 5G Solutions
- With 5G-enabled devices already available, the next generation of always on, always connected devices will move forward with the 5G roll out. Cortex-A77 supports new applications and use cases for mobile, and always-connected laptops.
- Excellent User Experiences
- Users are demanding devices with longer battery life and consistent high performance, all in a thinner form factor. Microarchitecture updates to Cortex-A77 take advantage of DynamIQ efficient cores to improve user experiences.
- <B>Broad market use</B>With markets ranging from edge to cloud, the Cortex-A75 processor is broadly applicable, and brings new levels of performance, at uncompromised efficiency, to a wide variety of use cases. The processor, in conjunction with the DynamIQ Shared Unit (DSU), supports a configurable feature set that allows Cortex-A75 CPU to cover smartphones, intelligent home devices like DTV, servers, and automotive applications.<B>Ground-breaking performance</B>The Cortex-A75 processor provides a significant boost in single-thread performance using a fully out-of-order, variable-length, and symmetrical three-way superscalar pipeline. With over 20% more integer core performance and high-performance NEON and FPU engines, the Cortex-A75 processor provides a significant performance boost compared to the Cortex-A72 and Cortex-A73 processors. The CPU also provides additional performance for advanced workloads, like machine learning.<B>Market-leading efficiency</B>Efficiency remains one of the most important key metrics for devices where long battery life and user experience are key. Cortex-A75 processor delivers efficiency levels used in devices with Cortex-A73 processor today. This market-leading efficiency allows you to unleash advanced performance, leading to faster devices and better user experiences.<B>Brand new memory sub-system</B>The Cortex-A75 processor is built on DynamIQ technology, and as such, is able to leverage many benefits including access to the shared cluster L3 cache, support for asynchronous frequencies, and potentially independent voltage and power rails for individual CPUs or groups of cores. The Cortex-A75 CPU also uses a private L2 cache per core with half the latency of traditional high-performance processors. <B>Latest architecture</B>By supporting the Armv8-A architecture, the Cortex-A75 processor provides a broad ecosystem from tools to OS and applications support. Additionally, the CPU supports extensions to the architecture to enhance current application and add new use cases. Support includes cache stashing, atomic transactions between agents, cache way allocation and prioritization, or advanced RAS (Reliability, Availability & Serviceability) capabilities.<B>DynamIQ big.LITTLE</B>The Cortex-A75 processor supports the use of big and LITTLE processors in one cluster using DynamIQ technology. Combined with the Cortex-A55 CPU, Arm s most efficient LITTLE processor to date, the Cortex-A75 CPU can extend its dynamic range for thermally limited devices. DynamIQ also enables new combinations, for example 1+7, with great area efficiency, which will enable new upgrade paths for mid-range devices.
- Intelligent devices in your home
- Large-screen compute