The KTAA01301 is a high-performance monolithic class D audio power amplifier. The KTAA01301 is capable of providing better than 0.1% THD+N class AB amplifier performance with superb class D efficiency at 95%, conserving board space and extending battery life. The class D amplifier requires a single 1.8V supply and delivers 1.2W into an 8Ù speaker or 2.4W into a 4Ù speaker.
The KTAA01301 features a reliable on-chip short-circuit protection and de-popping circuit that eliminates the popping and clicking sound at turning on/off the audio.
The KTAA01301 is fabricated and verified on standard 0.25um CMOS process in HHNEC and can be directly transferred to Jazz, SMIC, TSMC and other general 0.25um or 0.18um CMOS processes.
Thanks to its high-efficiency, the product can be packaged in a variety of low cost generic 8~12-pin packages with no special thermal requirement. The test chips are available in KT Micro standard 48-pin TQFP IC evaluation package with most of pins unused. The evaluation boards and kits are available upon request.
- Maximum Battery Life and Minimum Heat
- Efficiency with 8Ù speaker: > 95% at 500mW; > 85% at 100mW
- 1.8 mA quiescent current
- No heat sinks necessary
- Reduced External Components
- High PSRR eliminates external regulator
- Low EMI eliminates LC output filter
- On-chip clock generation – no external oscillator needed
- Fully differential design reduces RF rectification and eliminates bypass capacitor
- THD+N < 0.1%
- On-Chip De-Popping for glitch-free listening
- On-chip Short-Circuit protection
- Option to Use External Clock
- Flexible process options: multiple versions to fit both logic and analog processes; Available and silicon-proven in Jazz, SMIC, HHNEC and in TSMC compatible 0.25um/0.18um CMOS
- Low-power HiFi audio solution for:
- MP3 Players
- Cellular Phones
- Laptop Computers
- Portable Audio Players
- Personal Media Center
- Portable Power Speakers
- LCD and Flat Panel TVs
- High-level behavioral model (AHDL)
- Pin file (.LEF)
- Flat netlist