The S3ADS4M12BT22ULL is a compact and low power 12-bit SAR ADC IP with a sampling rate up to 4MS/s.
This 12-bit ADC features an outstanding dynamic performance that includes 63.6dB SNR, 76.0dB SFDR and 10.2-bit ENOB. It also features an outstanding static performance with < ±0.9 LSB DNL (no missing-codes) and < ±1.5 LSB INL.
- TSMC 22nm ULL Process
- No Analog Options
- 0.8V Core Supply
- 1.7V to 3.6V I/O Supply
- 12-bit SAR ADC
- Sampling Rate up to 4MS/s
- Input Mux w/ 8 Single-Ended Inputs
- 1.2V External Reference with Internal Buffer
- Input Range: 0V to 1.2V
- Static Performance:
- DNL < ± 0.9 LSB (no Missing-Codes)
- INL < ± 1.5 LSB
- Dynamic Performance:
- 76.0dB SFDR
- 63.6dB SNR
- 63.2dB SNDR
- 10.2-bit ENOB
- Standby and Power-Down Modes
- Ultra-Low Power Dissipation: 750uW
- Compact Die Area: 0.05mm2
- (post-shrink silicon area)
- For application flexibility, this IP includes a Reference Buffer to drive the SAR ADC capacitive DAC.
- Considering a 4MS/s sampling rate, the ADC power dissipation is only 750uW, including the Reference Buffer.
- A calibration algorithm enhances the ADC performance. During calibration, analog inputs are kept in high impedance, therefore relaxing the requirements for the block driving the ADC.
- The S3ADS4M12BT22ULL can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- *Subject to Agreement
- Motion and Environmental Sensing
- Temperature Sensing
- Industrial Control
- Home Automation
- Consumer Electronics
- Auxiliary Control
Block Diagram of the 12-bit 4MS/s ADC