USB 3.0 Dual Role Device Controller IP for is certified for compliance with Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification, Revision 1.0, and xHCI Specification, version 1.0, and operates in SuperSpeed, High-Speed, Full-Speed, and Low-Speed modes. The USB 3.0 PHY interface complies with PHY Interface for the PCI Express and USB 3.0 Architectures, version 3.0, while the USB 2.0 PHY interface complies with USB 2.0 Transceiver Macrocell Interface (UTMI) Specification, version 1.05.
Combined with the Cadence USB Type-C™ PHY IP designs, the Dual Role Device Controller IP for USB 3.0 provides a complete solution for the next generation of USB applications that will make use of the new, flexible USB Type-C connector. This USB IP gives you support for and compliance with USB 3.0 xHCI Host and peripheral device functions up to 5Gbps.
The Controller IP implements the USB standard to manage connections for all types of USB applications, including but not limited to: mass storage, video, audio, communication, and vendor-specific applications, being not only the most versatile controller in Cadence portfolio, but one of the most advanced products in the segment to date.
- Compliant with the following specifications: USB 3.0,USB 2.0, and xHCI 1.0
- ARM AMBA AXI4 support with outstanding transactions and out of order support
- ARM AMBA APB configuration interface
- SuperSpeed (5Gbps), High-Speed (480Mbps),Full-Speed (12Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5Mbps) operation
- USB 3.0 PHY support with 32-bit PIPE, and USB 2.0 PHY with 8-bit UTMI+ interface
- Full Link Power Management with LFPS and power/clock gating support
- Compatible with the Cadence 16Gbps Multi-Link Multi-Protocol SerDes IP
- xHCI-compatible DMA for Host mode and scattergather DMA for Device mode
- Complete hardware and software solution - less time spent on application development
- High level of configurability - better fit for application needs
- Industry-standard interfaces - simple system integration
- Synthesizable RTL
- Synthesis and simulation support files
- Mobile devices
- Consumer products
- Automotive Infotainment