The Uni-directional AHB to AHB bridge is used to connect two AHB buses clocked by synchronous clocks with any frequency ratio. The bridge is connected through a pair consisting of an AHB slave and an AHB master interface. AMBA AHB transfer forwarding is performed in one direction, AHB transfers to the slave interface are forwarded to the master interface. Application of the uni-directional bridge includes system partitioning, clock domain partitioning and system expansion.
- AMBA AHB master and AHB slave interfaces
- Uni-directional communication, allows masters on one bus side only
- Handles single and burst transfers
- Internal FIFOs for data buffering
- Data perfetching for improved performance
- Implements SPLIT response to improve AMBA AHB bus utilization
- Dead-lock detection logic
- Synchronous clock support, any frequency ratio
- Compatible with AMBA-2.0
- The AHB to AHB bridge provides the capability to develop system-on-a-chip designs with multiple AMBA AHB buses, that can operate on different clock frequencies.
- Source code
- Synplify project file
- VHDL test bench
- Template design for LEON3 processor
- FPGA evaluation board (optional)