Power Regulator, also called Voltage Regulator, is an on-chip device which provides suitable power supply for the core by regulating the external high voltage power supply. It is very convenient for an end user to empower a chip with only one voltage although two kinds of different voltage are consumed by the chip. Present design depicts a regulator that generates 1.8v voltage from 3.3v power supply. "Bypass mode" is also provided in this IP. When 1.8v voltage is supplied instead of 3.3v, the IP will detect it automatically, and the V18 output will conduct the input voltage with approximately a small voltage drop. Based on UMC 0.18um 3.3v/1.8v pure logic process, it can provide a maximum 150mA current.
- Process: UMC 0.18um 3.3v/1.8v 1P6M logic process
- Input voltage: 2.7v~3.6v or bypass mode 1.7v ~ 1.98v
- Output voltage: 1.8v+/-10% or bypass mode VIN-0.1v
- Maximum output current: IV18max=150mA
- Standby current: Iq<80uA
- Operating temperature: -40c~+25c~+125c