The 40G TCP Endpoint implements a full TCP functionality in FPGA hardware that is capable of opening, maintaining, and closing TCP Connections. It has a receive-side ultra-low-latency of 96.0-nanoseconds.
Their network-tested TCP Endpoint delivers ultra-high performance and highest TCP bandwidth. It supports full duplex rates of 80 Gbps scalable to hundreds of Gigabits/second by using multiple ports within a single FPGA. Each port runs at the full 40G line rate.
The implementation is portable between Altera and Xilinx FPGA devices and compatible with all widely deployed FPGA platforms including REFLEX XpressGX5-LP, Bittware S5-PCIe-HQ, Altera 100G Stratix V GX, and other platforms.
For datacenter acceleration, the 40G TCP Endpoint can be used for North-South data transfers inside racks from 40G/100G Top-of-Rack Switches. For datacenters configured with 40G East-West traffic pipes, the 40G TCP Endpoint will most efficiently transfer packets at full line-rate substantially increasing utilization while reducing Total Cost-of-Ownership (TCO).
- Ultra-low-latency purely RTL designed TCP/IP stack for layers 2, 3, and 4
- Layer 1: IEEE802.3
- Layer 2: IEEE802.3, ARP, VLAN
- Layer 3: IPv4 and ICMP, IPv6 soon
- Layer 4: TCP, UDP
- TCP retransmission buffer
- Programmable buffer size, time out
- Fast retransmit option
- Programmable retransmission limit
- AXI-4 / Avalon streaming interface
- Cores running on Altera Stratix V A7 FPGA using multiple TCP Endpoints support hundreds of Gbps (duplex) of aggregated traffic
- OS independent, Web-based GUI or UDP network API for control and configuration
- High throughput option with large payloads up to 9,000 bytes (jumbo frames)
- TCP option support: MSS, window scaling, timestamps
- Robust flow control and error control
- Statistics for monitoring TCP sessions
- Streaming data analytics
- Datacenter acceleration
- Reliable messaging systems
- Network security appliances
- Storage appliances
- Backup appliances
- Bump-in-the-wire filtering systems
- Reliable, filtered feed redistribution
- Tick-to-Trade systems
Block Diagram of the Ultra-Low-Latency 40G TCP Endpoint