The IGAAFET06A which contains ADCs, DACs and PLLs is an analog front-end (AFE) IP for communication applications. This IP includes five 2-channel ADCs, IGAADCT10A, three 2-channel DACs, IGADACT10A, and one PLL, IGAPLLT14A. This IP also contains clock dividers and analog filters in front of every ADC channels. Sampling frequency of each ADC is up to 125MHz; and, operation frequency of each DAC is up to 250MHz. PLL can provide a high quality clock for data converters to guarantee good SNDR performances for ADCs and DACs.
This IP is fabricated in TSMC 28nm High Performance Compact Mobile Computing (HPC) CMOS process with 0.9V digital and 1.8V analog supply voltage. Layout metal scheme for this IP is 5X2Z (1P8M).
- TSMC 28nm CMOS High Performance Compact Mobile Computing (HPC) process
- Metal Scheme: 5X2Z (1P8M)
- 1.8V analog and 0.9V digital supply voltage
- Five channel IQ-ADCs with analog filters
- Three channel IQ-DACs
- Power consumption: 200mW (typical)
- Area: 3.48mm2