The True Random Number Generator provides a Non-deterministic random number generator.
The generation of random numbers has always been a challenge in electronic systems. The difficulty is that digital devices are, by essence, deterministic. In order to overcome this "limitation", we can take advantage of physical phenomenons that are unpredictable thanks to the laws of physics.
In digital devices, thermal noise and transition jitter has been proven to be non-deterministic. They offer convenient ways of generating randomness.
- Full digital architecture
- DRBG (optional)
- Compliant NIST SP800-90A
- Hash and AES
- Automatic reseeding
- Health test
- FIPS140-2 certified
- Convenient interfaces for easy integration (AHB/APB, AXI-4, FIFO, …)
- Off-the-shelf, predictable and silicon-proven solution
- Logic footprint optimized to used functionalities
- Portable to ASIC or FPGA technology
- User-friendly Software API
- Netlist or RTL
- Scripts for synthesis
- Self-checking TestBench based on FIPS vectors
- Integration guide
- Cryptography and security
- Prime number generation
- Key generation
Block Diagram of the True Random Number Generator (TRNG)