The ntG3_BBP is a fully compliant ITU-T G.9903 baseband modem that can be used in a wide range of smart grid applications over power lines, including smart metering and energy management in energy generation and distribution systems, lighting and industrial automation as well as automotive EV charging. The ntG3_BBP IP core main functional blocks are the transmitter, the receiver, the register file, the AHB-Lite wrapper and the analog front end interface. The user accesses the core via the AHB interface to either program the register file or provide payload data to the core. By programming the register file the user sets a specific functional mode of operation, requests the ntG3_BBP to transmit a data or acknowledgement PHY frame or accesses remotely received control information.
- PLC G3 physical layer (PHY) compliant baseband processor as per ITU-T G.9903 Chapter 7 and ITU-T G.9901 Annex B.
- CENELEC-A/B (3-148.5kHz) and FCC (9-490kHz) band plans support.
- Aware of basic MAC layer handshaking primitives.
- Data rates from a few kbps up to 290kbps.
- On the fly programmable control profile selection.
- Compliant with AMBA AHB-Lite or AXI-4 protocol.
- Synchronous clock design.
- Silicon proven in Xilinx FPGA implementation technologies.
- Noesis has engaged an “open” licensing philosophy in or-der to allow maximum technology transfer to our client’s engineering teams and to facilitate the integration of our IP cores into our client’s product. Various licensing models are available. The ntG3_BBP core is available as a soft core (synthesizable HDL) or as a firm core (netlist for FPGA technologies).
- The following deliverables are included:
- Fully commented synthesizable VHDL or Verilog source code or FPGA netlist.
- VHDL or Verilog test benches and example configura-tion files.
- Matlab model in mex format.
- Comprehensive technical documentation.
- Technical support.
- The ntG3_BBP core can be used in a variety of applications, including:
- Smart Grids / Smart Cities.
- Smart Metering.
- Energy Management.
- Industrial Automation.
- Automotive EV Charging.
Block Diagram of the Smart Grid PLC Baseband Processor