The Mentor Graphics?Serial ATA(SATA) Device Controller is designed to interface between a host system and a storage device with either solid state or rotating media.
The SATA Device Controller decodes incoming host commands and sets up the proper interrupts and status for the local microprocessor to handle ATA and ATAPI commands. The controller can be programmed to automatically transfer the data with minimal firmware support interfaces: a control interface and a direct memory access (DMA) interface. This SATA Device Controller supports either the CoreFrame or the AMBA AHB 2.0 bus interface.
- Compliant with the Serial ATA specification version 2.6
- Supports 1.5 Gb/s (150 MB/s) or 3 Gb/s (300 MB/s) speeds
- Software-compatible with parallel ATA
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Support for Spread Spectrum Clocking (SSC)
- Auto-read and auto-write
- Integrated DMAcontroller
- Supports 20-bit SATAstandard PHYinterface
- Asynchronous Notification
- Supports either CoreFrame or AMBAAHB 2.0 bus interface
- Verilog RTLsource code
- Example synthesis scripts
- Verilog functional verification environment with tasked-based verification and PHY model
- Detailed specifications including user guide, product specification, verification guide, and programmers guide