The Commsonic CMS0013 Reed Solomon Codec provides ultimate flexibility in its operation and build. The design uses the Berlekamp Massey algorithm in order to maximise speed and efficiency.
- Full errors and erasures Reed-Solomon CODEC using the Berlekamp Massey algorithm for efficient implementation.
- Can be synthesised for any Galois Field and Reed-Solomon code.
- Supports shortened codes.
- Supports Erasure processing as used in DVB-MPE and Variable-T (punctured) modes as used in IEEE 802.16.
- Variable-T mode allows register programming or synchronous “on-the-fly” loading for different values of N and T in a Reed-Solomon (N, N-2T) code.
- Full RDY-VALID handshaking on all data interfaces for simple interfacing with maximum throughput.
- Excellent performance in both FPGA and ASIC implementations.