The PWM Timer is a synthesizable soft IP core connected to AMBA APB bus for easy integration into SOC implementations.
There is configurable number of PWM blocks in the PWM Timer (3 blocks at most). Each PWM block has a pre-scaler, which can be configured from 1-bit to 32-bit resolution; a 32-bit counter and a 32-bit compare register. The frequency of the counter is controlled by the pre-scaler and the source clock, either APB clock or external clock.
The PWM Timer supports three modes including PWM, Compare, and Capture mode.
- Compliance with the AMBA Specification 2.0
- Configurable 1-3 PWM Timer(s)
- Programmable external clock source for counter
- Support Compare / Capture / PWM mode
- Configurable 1-32 bit(s) pre-scale
- 32-bit timer / counter facility
- Single-run or continuous-run mode
- Programmable initial polarity of PWM output
- Buffer structure to allow the timer parameters to be changed at any ti me
- Support for maskable interrupts