PT8 is a multistandard Video encoder supporting PAL-M/N/B/D/G/H/I and NTSC-M/J and 960H and 1280H standards
The intellectual property core accepts BT656 formatted data, in either 8 or 10 bit format, and the associated 27MHz clock, and it encodes this data to a 10 bit, digital composite video signal, also at 27MHz which can be used to directly drive a digital to analogue converter, modulator or other output device.
- PAL-M/N/B/D/G/H/I, NTSC-M/J and 960H/1280H outputs.
- High quality video output: <1% DG and <1deg DP, <1% K-factor and <-70dB SNR.
- Requires BT656 compatible input and 27MHz clock (NTSC/PAL).
- Fully programmable for non-standard inputs and outputs.
- Output is up-sampled to 27MHz (NTSC/PAL) straight binary digital composite video.
- 12 bit chroma modulator.
- Switchable Sinx/x correction.
- Pre-programmed register settings for PAL and NTSC.
- Standard 8-bit control interface bus.
- Small footprint.
- Simple licensing.
- Field proven.
- Broadcast quality.
- PT8 is supplied as RTL compliant Verilog source code for unlimited time/unit use, (all FPGA vendors and ASIC/IC), and with 6 months e-mail support and a 3 year update guarantee.
- Security/CCTV camera.
- Video encoder.
- DVD/BD player.
- Industrial inspection.
Block Diagram of the NTSC/PAL Video encoder with support for 960H/1280H outputs.