AKW1 implements the NIST standard AES key
wrap and unwrap. Core contains the base AES core AES1 and is available for immediate licensing.
The design is fully synchronous and available in both source and netlist form.
- Small size: AKW1 starts from less than 8,000 ASIC gates
- Completely self-contained: does not require external memory
- Supports both encryption (wrap) and decryption (unwrap). Encryption-only and decryption only versions available.
- Includes AES key expansion
- 128 and 256 bit AES key encryption keys (KEK) supported.
- Flow-through design
- AES key wrap per NIST key wrap specification and RFC 3394
Block Diagram of the NIST AES Key Wrap/Unwrap Core