Accelerating the Scalable Cloud-to-Edge Infrastructure Transformation
The Neoverse N1 CPU is optimized for a wide range of cloud native server workloads executing at a world-class compute efficiency. This enables an infrastructure transformation where processing is pushed to the edge where data is generated, thereby providing more scalability than moving all data to centralized datacenters.
- Revolutionary Compute Performance
- Delivering market-leading server performance at the half the power, the N1 CPU ushers in a revolutionary era of compute efficiency or performance/watt. Whether it is running general server workloads on power-constrained edge platforms, or scaling datacenter servers to very large core counts, massive TCO and scalability improvements can be achieved.
- Infrastructure-Specific Features
- Supporting the Armv8.2-A specification, the Neoverse N1 platform delivers a host of architectural and implementation features targeted at the infrastructure market. These features include server-class RAS, efficient virtualization, CPU power management, cache stashing, statistical code profiling, and I-cache coherency support.
- Extreme Scalability and Diversity
- Offering at least 30% compute efficiency gain over previous generation Arm infrastructure CPUs, the N1 platform scales from sub-35W systems to large hyperscale cloud servers. Heterogeneous integrations with the E1 CPU, while maintaining Arm software interoperability, further empowers an ecosystem that thrives on delivering diverse and differentiated solutions.
- The highest performance real-time processor – double the total performance of Cortex-R7.
- Always reacts to system events in a fast and deterministic manner.
- Coherency between up to four cores, simplifying software development.
- Tightly Coupled Memory to keep critical instructions and data close to the core for fast, immediate and deterministic processing.
- Immediate, deterministic, and coherent control of system peripherals.