Silex Insight has developed a unique family of JPEG 2000 cores which provide the highest standards of quality, flexibility, performance, compactness and reliability.
The BA110-MQL JPEG2000 hardware encoder core is a flexible, footprint optimized and high-speed solution for progressive transmission applications.
The BA110-MQL core performs JPEG 2000 encoding on large un-tiled color frames with 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sub-sampling. It generates progressive streams with up to 16 bits per color sample.
- Custom image sizes up to 4096x2160 and frame rates up to 120fps
- Customizable input bit rate: up to 250Mbps / 500Mbps / 1Gbps / lossless
- XYZ, RGB, YUV (4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0) color spaces with support for ICT/RCT color transform
- Wavelet filters: 9/7 and 5/3, 0 to 6 decomposition levels
- Full-frame encoding (no tiling)
- Pixel depth: up to 16 bits per color sample
- Configurable bit rate on a frame by frame basis with 3 selectable regulation modes
- Full rate allocation by quality layers: rate-based or SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio)-based
- Minimal user intervention
- Quality: support of large untiled images
- Flexibility: support for the widest spectrum of JPEG 2000 options and easy to integrate interface
- Performance: faster than real-time to support more simultaneous channels, larger images or higher frame rates
- Compactness: cost-effective, single FPGA solution with limited pin counts
- Document imaging and automation
- Remote sensing
- Geospatial imagery
- Airborne surveillance