The MPEG-TS closed caption inserter core is a drop-in module for insertion of DTV-708 closed caption into payload of MPEG video elementary stream.
The MPEG-TS Closed caption inserter core interprets SMPTE-334 Caption data packet and insert the caption into the payload of the Video elementary stream.
Moreover, The MPEG-TS Closed caption inserter core can insert ATSC PSIP tables with dedicated Caption service descriptor and others "on demand" descriptors.
The output rate of the stream is slightly increased to allow caption insertion and PSIP generation. PCR restamping is done to make the output consistent.
A 8-bit CPU interface is available for core control. By default the core can start up without CPU initialization.
- Supported FPGA families:Xilinx Spartan-6, Virtex-6, Artix-7, Kintex-7, Virtex-7, Zynq
- 1 SPI input / 1 SPI output
- Compliant with DVB and ATSC standard
- Insertion of DTV-708 closed caption into payload of MPEG video elementary stream
- CPU configuration and monitoring interface
- Full PCR re-stamping
- Full synthesizable RTL design (not delivered) for easy customization
- Netlist version available for ISE 14.1 and later versions
- Netlist for core generation
- VHDL top file
- VHDL source code : can be delivered as an option under NDA and other specific clauses
- The MPEG-TS closed caption inserter core can be used in addition to an MPEG encoder module to add specifics functionalities and make it consistent in regards of PSIP ATSC standard.
Block Diagram of the MPEG-TS closed caption inserter