Silex Insight has developed a unique family of JPEG 2000 cores which provide the highest standards of quality, flexibility, performance, compactness and reliability.
The BA109-MLL takes a JPEG 2000 j2c file and generates the exact original samples at its output interface (when encoded with a mathematically lossless encoder such as the BA110-MLL encoder) with up to 16 bits per color sample.
The BA109-MLL core performs JPEG 2000 decoding on large un-tiled color frames with 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sub-sampling. It decodes streams compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specification (JPEG 2000).
- Single-FPGA solution for mathematically lossless compression
- Custom image sizes up to 4096x2160 and frame rates up to 120fps
- XYZ, RGB, YUV (4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0) color spaces with support for lossless RCT color transform
- Wavelet filters: 5/3, 0 to 6 decomposition levels
- Pixel depth: up to 16 bits per color sample
- Fully autonomous decoder with automatic parameter extraction, minimal user intervention
- Quality: mathematically lossless compression
- Flexibility: easy to integrate interface
- Performance: faster than real-time to support more simultaneous channels, larger images or higher frame rates
- Compactness: cost-effective, single FPGA solution with limited pin counts