The icyflex-V 32-bit processor core is based on the
RV32IMC open-instruction set architecture (ISA) defined
by the RISC-V foundation and, as such, is supported
by standard state-of-the-art development
tools (both open-source and proprietary). The 4-stage
pipeline is optimized for power and area efficiency.
Additional customizations are available on demand
(e.g. RV32E area efficient implementation).
The icyflex-V core targets traditional micro-controller
applications and is well suited for IoT, wearables and
mixed signal applications.
The core IP comes along with various bus interconnect
IP’s and standard peripherals. For example, implementations
relying on an embedded flash will benefit from
an energy oriented cache architecture.
- RISC-V RV32 instruction set:
- I > full support
- M > partial support: no hardware divider
- C > full support
- Machine mode only
- 32 vectorized interrupts
- Standard debug as defined per RISC-V
- 3.06 CoreMark/MHz
- 1.35 DMIPS/MHz
- Gate count: 26 kgates
- Implementation in TSMC 55 nm LP HVT
- Core only area : 0.056 mm2
- Max. frequency (SS corner, 1.08 V, -40 °C) : 120 MHz
- Power consumption 18 uW/MHz (TT corner, 1.2 V, 25 °C)
- Mixed-signal applications
Block Diagram of the Low-power 32-bit RISC-V processor