The BUCK SD high efficiency DC-DC step-down switching regulator delivers up to 0.5A output current.
The device operates from a 3V-5V input voltage range, supporting commonly-used battery technology and USB VBUS supply.
The IC operates at a 2MHz fixed frequency. The high operating frequency minimizes the size of the external components.
The inductor has been chosen so that the peak-to-peak inductor current is minimized.
The device also contains a soft-start control circuitry to reduce the inrush current, output overvoltage and over current protection
- 1.8V/0.9V Step-Down Regulator
- 500mA Guaranteed Output Current
- Vout = 0.9V or 1.8V output Voltage (design selection)
- +/-3% Output Accuracy Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Pulse skipping at light load
- High efficiency: > 90% at max current load
- Fixed 2MHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Current mode regulation
- Small 4.7uH Inductor
- Overvoltage and Overcurrent Protection
- Vin = 3V to 5V Input Supply
- On-Chip Power PMOS and Synchronous Rectifier
- <1uA Shutdown Current
- 10uF external cap
- TSMC28HPC/HPC+ technology
- Temperature -40/+125 C
- Layout (GDSII)
- Netlist (CDL)
- Abstract (LEF)
- Timing (LIB)
- Consumer Electronics
- Data Processing
- Industrial and Medical
- Military/ Civil Aerospace
Block Diagram of the IP BUCK - High Voltage DC/DC Voltage Regulator TSMC 28nm