The SafeXcel-IP-63 is a scalable high-performance, multi-channel cryptographic engine that offers AES-GCM operations as well as AES-CTR and GMAC on bulk data. Its flexible data path is suitable to scale from 100Gbps to 1.6Tbps to provide a tailored engine with minimal area for your application. The FIFO-like data interface makes it possible to perform frame processing for many different protocols, including MACsec, IPsec, OTN security. The multi-channel architecture makes it possible to alternate data processing for different channels or tunnels simultaneously. Block switching can be done with a granularity of a single clock cycle.
For AES-GCM H-key calculation, INSIDE Secure offers the EIP-36 AES-core IP with a 32-bit register interface. Alternatively, the H-key is calculated by the software.
- EXAMPLE CONFIGURATIONS
- The SafeXcel-IP-63 has a scalable number of processing pipes and channels. It is available in different configurations, suitable for different applications to meet different gate count and throughput objectives.
- • EIP-63a-c17-r
- o single pipe, 17 channels, register based (no memories)
- o 128 bits/clk
- • EIP-63d-c4
- o 4 pipes, 4 channels
- o 512 bits/clk
- • EIP-63f-c60
- o 6 pipes, 60 channels
- o 768 bits/clk
- • EIP-63j-c120
- o 10 pipes, 120 channels
- o 1280 bits/clk
- PERFORMANCE AND CONFIGURATIONS
- • Line rate performance without any restrictions.
- • Throughput is solely determined by the data width and clock frequency. There are no bottlenecks or conditions that give back pressure / limit the throughput.
- • Design achieves over 1.6 GHz in 16nm technologies.
- • A configuration with 1280-bit bus processes at a rate of 2048 Gbit/s at 1.6 GHz.
- MULTI-CHANNEL PROCESSING
- • True multi-channel design with time-sliced processing.
- • Single-slot calendar.
- • Configurable to support up to 128 independent channels with different rates.
- • Support for run-time channel and calendar reconfiguration.
- • Channel rate is achieved by aggregating bandwidth of the time slots without limitations.
- FRAME PROCESSING MODES
- • AES-GCM mode
- • En/decryption-only mode: AES-CTR.
- • Authentication-only mode: AES-GMAC.
- • Any size packet bypassing
- FIPS CERTIFICATION
- • Support for AES-CTR, AES-GMAC and AES-GCM transformations for FIPS certification of the crypto core.
- Hardware Reference and Programmer Manual.
- Integration Manual.
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL source code.
- Self-checking RTL test bench, including test vectors and expected result vectors.
- Synthesis scripts.