The Creonic IEEE 802.15.3c LDPC Decoder IP Core supports all LDPC codes with a codeword size of 672 bits as defined by the standard.
The IEEE 802.15 working group specifies standards targeting the wireless personal area network (WPAN). Task group 3 of the working group focuses on high data rates within WPAN. The task group 3c defined a new millimeter-wave-based alternative physical layer (PHY) for the IEEE 802.15.3-2003 standard. This standard (IEEE 802.15.3c-2009) operates at 60 GHz and offers data rates of multiple Gbit/s for applications such as high speed internet access or streaming content download. The task group adopted LDPC codes for these high data rate modes within the single carrier (SC) mode and the high speed interface (HSI) mode.
- Compliant with IEEE 802.15.3c-2009 standard.
- Suitable for single carrier (SC) mode and high speed interface (HSI) mode.
- Support for all short LDPC codes (672 bits, code rates 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8).
- Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration.
- Low-power, high-throughput, and low-latency design.
- Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
- Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
- Collection of statistic information (number of iterations, decoding successful).
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and Matlab, C or C++ bit-accurate simulation model.