ntRSC_IESS core is a highly integrated solution implementing a time-domain Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction algorithm. The core supports several programming features including codeword size, error threshold, number of parity bytes, reverse or forward order of the output, mode of operation (encode, decode or pass-through), shortened code support, erasures or error only decoding. Very low latency, high speed, simple interfacing and programmability make this core ideal for many applications including Intelsat IESS-308, DTV, DBS, ADSL, Satellite Communications, High performance modems and networks.
- Polynomial compliant to Intelsat IESS-308; RTCA DO-217 AppendixF, Revision D Standard.
- High throughput rate.
- Fully programmable to correct from 1 to 10 error bytes or 20 erasure bytes per block.
- Configurable odd or even number of check bytes.
- Codeword lengths can be programmed from 3 to 255 bytes.
- Can be configured in encode, decode or pass-through mode of operation.
- Outputs corrected bytes or correction vectors in forward or reverse order.
- Supports continuous or burst data transfer.
- Supports programmable error threshold to help in determining channel performance.
- Byte wide synchronous I/O ports with internal buffering.
- Dedicated control pins enable non-continuous system data flow.
- Fully synchronous design, using single clock.
- Silicon proven in ASIC and FPGA technologies for a variety of applications.
- Fully commented synthesizable VHDL or Verilog source code
- or FPGA netlist.
- VHDL or Verilog test benches and example configuration
- C++ model.
- Comprehensive technical documentation.
- Technical support.
Block Diagram of the Highly Integrated Reed Solomon Codec