LiteFast is Microsemi's serial, point-to-point, light-weight protocol for high-speed serial communication. LiteFast enables designers to easily implement high-speed serial links using the SERDES blocks available in Microsemi's SmartFusion2, IGLOO2 and RTG4 devices. The solution comes with pre-synthesized and validated IP cores (Transmitter and Receiver), demo design, and complete documentation which reduces the design and validation time.
Microsemi's LiteFast solution is validated with hardware platform using SmartFusion2 Security Evaluation Kit which has a 90K LE SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA device.
More information on LiteFast can be found on : http://www.microsemi.com/products/fpga-soc/technology-solutions/serdes-pci-express#litefast
- Supports x 1, x 2 and x 4 lanes per SERDES
- Idle frame for link establishment and data frame for data transfer
- Idle frame when no data is transmitted
- AHB System interface
- In-built flow control, word alignment, block alignment, lane alignment and hot-plug support
- Serial full-duplex or simplex operation
- Flow control through token exchange
- Very little utilization of FPGA logic resources (light weight)