Implementation of the new ITU G.9961 standard for home networking requires the NIST standard AES cipher in CTR and CBC modes (a.k.a. CCM) for encryption and message authentication. The CCMG AES core is tuned for G.hn applications at 3-4 Gbps data rates. The core contains the base AES core AES1 and is available for immediate licensing.
The design is fully synchronous and available in both source and netlist form..
- Small size: From 27,700 ASIC gates at G.hn data speeds
- Completely self-contained: does not require external memory
- Includes encryption, decryption, key expansion and data interface
- Support for Counter Mode Encryption (CTR) operation and CCM extensions (Counter Mode with CBC MAC)
- Automatic generation of key context from key data in the datastream
- Flow-through design
- Test bench provided
Block Diagram of the G.hn AES-CCM Core