The ADXSCIP1-40G is a Continuous Time (CT) ΔΣ Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) with built-in Anti-Aliasing Filters (AAF) and digital Decimation Filters.
It applies oversampling and captures the differential analog input signal with a 5 GSPS sampling clock, at the easy to drive continuous time analog input.
The Programmable CT ΔΣ Modulator loop includes inherent Anti-Aliasing Filter. This significantly reduces analog filter requirements compared to Nyquist ADCs. The Modulator can be programmed from 20MHz Bandwidth and 16-bit resolution to 300 MHz Bandwidth at 10-bit resolution. A robust multi-bit CT ΔΣ architecture ensures low sensitivity to clock jitter.
The ADXSCIP1-40G contains programmable digital decimation filters. These can be used to reduce data- rate and ensure compliance with the system requirements. The possible access to very high sample- rates, guarantees for excellent timing accuracy.
- 5 GSPS Internal Sampling Rate
- Integrated Decimation Filter adjusts Output Sampling Rate
- 20-300 MHz Full Performance Bandwidths
- 2.0Vpp Full Scale Range
- Resistive input impedance
- 5 Bandwidth modes:
- 20MHz, 16-bit resolution
- 62.5MHz, 14-bit resolution
- 125MHz, 12-bit resolution
- 200 MHz, 12-bit resolution
- 300 MHz, 10-bit resolution
- Performance @ Fin=10MHz:
- SNR: 49 - 75dBFS @10 – 16-bit
- SNDR = 48 – 74 dBFS @ 10 - 16-bit
- THD = 62-78 dBc@ 10 – 16-bit
- SFDR = 62-80 dBc@ 10 – 16-bit
- ENOB = 7.5-12bit@ 10 - 16-bit
- Channel Isolation > 75dB
- 1.8V analog and 1.0V digital supplies
- Stand-By and Power-Down Modes
- 40nm TSMC CRN40G process
- 7 metals used
- TGO and LVT options used
- The ADXSCIP1-40G IP building block is integral part of the Scalinx Smart Conversion Platform.
- The use of the Smart Conversion Platform reduces system development cost for data converter projects with analog bandwidths between 5 MHz and 600 MHz.
- The Smart Conversion Platform uses wideband CT ΔΣ ADC technology. This enables solutions where bandwidth vs. resolution trade-off as well as signal filters are implemented in programmable digital circuitry.
- The flexibility and programmability ingredients of the Smart Conversion Platform combined with appropriate IP functional blocks furnish fast and flexile path to single hardware solution for various specifications
- These features make the Smart Conversion Platform an ideal starting-point for digitizer ASIC projects demanding high analog bandwidths.
- Test & Measurement, Defence & Aerospace, Fixed & Mobile Communications