The Stereo Sigma-Delta DAC is a digital converter core suitable for high quality multimedia applications. The DAC accepts a stereo digital input signal at a standard rate up to 48 kHz and produces a stereo analog output. Each channel has a volume control and several muting options programmed through a parallel control bus. A digital roll-off equalizer is provided to compensate for the droop introduced by the reconstruction filter.
The input clock frequency needs to be 512 X the audio sample rate.
The DAC produces an audio clock to sample the input audio signals.
The design is fully digital and requires only a small number of passive external components for the reconstruction filter.
- Very low supply voltages < 2.5 V
- up to 16 bit resolution
- 48, 44.1, 32, 24, 22.05 and 16 kHz sample rates up to 6MHz bandwidths
- 95 dB volume control in 1 dB steps
- Muting options: auto-mute, zero crossing, slow and fast soft muting
- 20-bit left and right parallel inputs
- Single-ended outputs
- Parallel control data input
- Process Technology Independent
- Enables FPGA to ASIC prototyping
- Completely technology independent/foundry neutral
- Smaller and lower power than analog equivalents
- Ability to take advantage of Radiation Hard technology in ASIC or FPGA form
- Netlist files
- Implementation Guides and support material
- Free phone and email implementation support