The CCSDS LDPC codec supports code rate 223/255 with coded block size of 8160 bits, which allows for a simple replacement of legacy Reed-Solomon decoders. It was designed particularly for near-earth space missions, but the excellent error correction performance makes it the ideal fit for additional high-throughput applications such as microwave or optical links.
- Support for code rate 223/255 (7136/8160)
- Coded block size 8160 bits
- Compliant with “TM Synchronization and Channel Coding, Recommended Standard, CCSDS 131.0-B-3, Blue Book, August 2011”.
- Low-power sowie low-complexity Design.
- Gains more than 2.5 dB compared to Reed-Solomon decoder.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Layered LDPC decoder architecture, for faster convergence behavior.
- Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration.
- Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
- Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
- Collection of statistic information (number of iterations, decoding success).
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL testbench, and bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model.
- VHDL source code or synthesized netlist
- HDL simulation models e.g. for Aldec’s Riviera-PRO
- VHDL testbench
- bit-accurate Matlab, C or C++ simulation model
- Comprehensive documentation
- Near-Earth and Deep-Space communikation
- Space link communication
- Microwave links
- Optical links
- Further high-throughput applications