The S3REGC2008GF22 is a capless regulator circuit which has been designed to provide 0.65V with a load current of up to 200mA.
The output voltage is programmable in 20mV steps. No external capacitor is required; the regulator’s architecture has been designed so that it is stable without such an external capacitor, yet yielding a small area while consuming low ground current and allowing low-drop operation.
The S3REGC2008GF22 features an automatic feedback sensing option to maintain a constant regulated output voltage level. It has been designed to provide a stable output in both low-drop and highdrop operation, while maintaining minimum ripple on supply lines in the presence of large load current spikes
- 22nm GlobalFoundries FDX Process, 7 Metals Used
- 1.8V Power Supply Voltage
- 0.8V Input Voltage
- 0.65V +-3.0% Output Voltage
- 200mA Load Current
- 150mV Drop Out Voltage for Load Current of 200mA
- Area: 0.16mm2
- Ground Current: 135uA
- Leakage Via Pass Device : 20nA
- Programmable Output Voltage in 20mV Steps
- Power Down Mode
- As no external capacitor is needed, the S3REGC2008GF22 capless regulator can provide savings in terms of package pins and discrete capacitors, allowing reduced BOM costs and higher system reliability. It can be particularly useful if the IC design is ‘pad limited’.
- The LDO always contains a bypass mode where part of pass transistor is used to connect VIN to VOUT with minimum channel resistance.
- The S3REGC2008GF22 is readily portable to any similar manufacturing process or can be customised for specific customer requirements and it’s designed with the Deep-Nwell process option
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- *Subject to Agreement
- General Purpose Low Drop Out Voltage Regulator with BOM Savings
- Very Low Power Applications
Block Diagram of the Capless Low Drop Out 200mA Regulator