Silex Insight has developed a unique family of JPEG 2000 cores which provide the highest standards of quality, flexibility, performance, compactness and reliability.
The BA109-HD core is a single-FPGA solution optimized for multi-channel 720p30/60, 1080i and 1080p30/60 JPEG 2000 decoding on untiled color frames with 4:2:2 sub-sampling.
Silex Insight has developed world-class expertise in the broadcast market. Through our comprehensive portfolio including hardware-validated IP, reference designs (such as the BA150 Video over IP) and systems integration services, we enable broadcast equipment manufacturers to accelerate product development.
We provide extensive systems integration and design services and integrate a wide range of IP cores like SMPTE 2022, SMPTE SDI, Ethernet MACs, JPEG 2000, crypto and high-performance memory controllers.
- Broadcast profile compliant
- Multi-channel interface
- Single-FPGA solution for multi-channel HD: 720p30/60, 1080i, 1080p30/60
- Customizable input bit rate: up to 250Mbps / 500Mbps / 1Gbps / lossless
- YUV (4:2:2) color space
- Wavelet filters: 9/7, 0 to 6 decomposition levels
- Full-frame decoding (no tiling)
- Pixel depth: 10 bits per color sample
- Fully autonomous decoder with automatic parameter extraction, minimal user intervention
- Quality: support of untiled images for HDTV
- Flexibility: support for the widest spectrum of JPEG 2000 options and easy to integrate interface
- Performance: multiple and simultaneous HD channels
- Compactness: cost-effective, single FPGA solution with limited pin counts
- Local Video Distribution
- Video over IP