Integrating advanced peripherals such as multi-megapixel cameras and higher resolution screens into next generation devices brings new challenges to the industry in terms of power, time-to-market and overall system costs. To address these challenges, the Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI®) Alliance defines and promotes system-on-chip (SoC) and peripheral device interface specifications, such as the Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2).
Compliant with the latest MIPI CSI-2 specification, DesignWare® MIPI CSI-2 Host and Device Controllers are fully-verified configurable IP solutions that provide a high-speed serial interface between an application or image processor and camera sensors. The controllers are architected to interface with the silicon-proven DesignWare MIPI D-PHY IP via the recommended PHY Protocol Interface (PPI), providing an easy to integrate and high-quality solution.
Synopsys’ DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Host Controller IP, DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Device Controller IP, DesignWare MIPI I3C Controller IP and DesignWare MIPI D-PHY IP provide a complete camera interface IP solution that enables designers to lower the risk and cost of integrating the MIPI CSI-2 interface IP into application processors, image signal processors and multimedia co-processors, while improving the time-to-market demand of mobile, IoT and automotive SoCs.
- Complete single-vendor solution for mobile and mobile-influenced applications
- Proven MIPI CSI-2, DSI and I3C controllers
- Silicon-proven D-PHY and M-PHY
- Interoperable with multiple devices
- Power-optimized and compact design
- Synopsys’ active participation and contribution in mobile ecosystem and MIPI Alliance enables advanced IP development
- Promoter member on the MIPI board of directors
- Application notes
- Verilog RTL source code
- Synthesis scripts for Synopsys Design Compiler
- Verification testbenches and test configurations
- Sample software drivers (when applicable)
- Prototyping system available
- Automotive ADAS and infotainment
- Digital cameras and image sensors
- IoT edge devices
- Augmented/virtual reality
- Multimedia SoC
- Mobile storage