Automotive Ethernet MAC IP - highly configurable, silicon proven IP, compliant with IEEE 802 standards and qualified with ISO 26262 ASIL-B.
The Cadence Controller IP for Automotive Ethernet is designed as an integrated Gigabit Ethernet MAC (GEM) and 1000BASE-X PCS solution that can be smoothly integrated into any SoC. The Controller supports the datapath parity protection, and TSN/AVB features that ensure timely and reliable data transfer with low latency, required by time sensitive automotive applications. High QoS enables unified Ethernet communication of critical data without traffic congestion in shared networks. The Controller IP been qualified using the strict Functional Safety requirements set by ISO 26262 standards body.
Deterministic, real-data and timely communication between all the automotive components is the phrase for today’s leading-edge automotive Ethernet solutions. The increasing number of components, increases the bandwidth required and also require time-critical data to be transferred reliably. Cadence Automotive Ethernet MAC IP provides a high bandwidth, and ensures reliable and time sensitive communication within the automobile applications, including ADAS and multimedia-rich Infotainment systems.
- IEEE 802.3 compliant, UNH tested and ISO 26262 ASIL-B qualified
- Enhanced active functional safety features
- AXI4, AHB and DMA support
- TSN/AVB protocol support including 802.1Qbv, 802.1AS, 802.1Qbu/802.3br
- TCP/IP offloading capability and IEEE 1588 support
- Support for MII, RMII,GMII, RGMII and TBI interfaces
- IP is IEEE 802.3 compliant and ISO 26262 qualified, simplifying path to SoC qualification
- Flexible configuration with enhanced functional safety features
- Silicon proven and widely licensed
- Documentation: Integration guide, user guide, and release notes
- Functional Safety: FMEDA report, safety manual and ISO 26262 ASIL readiness certificate
- Clean, readable, synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Synthesis scripts
- Sample verification testbench with integrated BFM, monitors, and sanity tests