The S3BGNT18 is a bandgap voltage reference which is able to provide custom temperature independent voltage in range from 0 to 1.2V (more outputs are supported with step 50mV).
The S3BGNT18 is a standard implementation using NPN bipolar devices in Brokaw bandgap structure. The deepnwell option is required. The block also provides Proportional to Absolute Temperature (PTAT) current reference.
The reference contains slope and absolute voltage trimming which allows to obtain accuracy down to 0.25% at ambient temperature and 0.6% over temperature range if two temperature point trimming procedure is followed (0 and 70 degrees).
The S3BGNT18 has been implemented on standard 180nm TSMC logic process with mandatory Deep-Nwell option. However, it is readily portable to any similar manufacturing process. Any activity of this nature can be fully supported.
- 180nm TSMC Logic Process, 4 Metals Used with
- 3.0V – 3.6V Input Voltage
- Temperature slope and absolute value trimming
- (0V – 1.2V) reference voltages available (with 50mVstep)
- 0.2% accuracy after trimming
- up to 1pF load
- 90uA low power consumption (typical)
- Compact Die Area: 0.07 mm2
- PTAT bias currents output
- Power Down Mode
- Bandgap is optimized for low noise applications. Each reference output can be loaded by capacitance up to 1pF.
- The Accurate low noise bandgap reference provides fast startup time after being enabled
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- *Subject to Agreement
- Reference generation and power management
- Low noise reference generation and for DACs and ADCs
Block Diagram of the Accurate low noise bandgap reference