TICO-XS is an evolution of TICO RDD35 offering more compression capabilities with an extremely small footprint in ASIC and FPGA and fast performances on CPU & GPU.
intoPIX has made significant intellectual property development in lightweight low latency video compression, from inventing and standardizing the world’s smallest and fastest mezzanine compression technology TICO (SMPTE RDD35) supported by the TICO Alliance, to being the proponent and co-developer for creating the world first international ISO standard JPEG-XS technology addressing this matter.
The technology and associated products are covered by one or more claims of patents awarding intoPIX hard work and innovation.
- Near-Lossless up to 6:1.
- Visually lossless up to 10:1
- Smooth lossy compression beyond
- Robust over multiple coding
- Low power / small for FPGA or ASIC. Low logic & low memory usage (no external DDR)
- Easy to integrate : JPEG-XS Interoperable and Built for many use cases IP-cores and software libraries are licensable from intoPIX
- Highly parallelizable, Real-time or faster than real-time in CPU and GPU
- Mobile to 4K/8K : Compatible with different resolutions, via multiple usual transport schemes.
- Zero latency : few lines of latency
- SAFEGUARDING ALL ADVANTAGES OF AN UNCOMPRESSED STREAM
- Low power consumption (through lightweight processing),
- Ultra low-latency in coding and decoding.
- Lossless picture quality
- Small size on chip
- Fast on software (CPU with the use of SIMD and GPU)
- WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN REQUIRED BANDWIDTH & COST
- Low power consumption (through reasonable bandwidth interfaces)
- Longer cable runs
- Perfect fit for existing and new infrastructures
- More pixels at a reduced cost (more resolutions, higher frame rates, higher bit depth)
- Latency critical AV over IP, KVM, Video Wall management
- Studio over IP, Live Production, Editing
- Move to IP and SMPTE 2110 workflows
- Display Connectivity & Interfaces and Mobile Devices
- Image Sensors & Cameras (HD,4K,8K,360, High Speed)
- Cable Extenders
- Wireless / Wired Connectivity
- Automotive, ADAS systems
- Machine Vision (cameras, frame grabber, extenders)
- Medical , Operating Rooms
- VR/AR system transmission