The S3DA100K16BT40LP is a Voltage DAC that is ideal for low frequency housekeeping applications. The Voltage DAC is implemented with as a current steering architecture and a differential amplifier which implements I-V conversion to drive capacitive and resistive loads. The output swing is 3.0Vppk
The power of the Voltage DAC is determined by the load, and the maximum sample rate. Trade-offs can be made on the power consumption by limiting any of these specifications. Current consumption of 2.5mA is quoted for 100KHz update frequency operation driving a 10pF and 50Kohm parallel load.
This 16-bit DAC features an excellent static performance that includes ±1LSB DNL and ±8LSB INL.
- 40m TSMC LP Process, 7 Metals Used (No Analog Options)
- 1.1V and 2.5V Power Supplies
- 16-Bit Resolution
- Sample Rate of 100KHz
- Current our Voltage output
- DNL< 1LSB.; INL< 8LSB Typical
- Only 2.5mA current consumption (excluding current load)
- 3.0Vpp Differential Output Voltage Range
- Power-Down Mode
- Area Pre-shrink:0.4mm2
- The S3DA100K16BT40LP is designed in a 40nm logic process, which is ideal for integration with a DSP engine, and can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- Characterization Report
- Flat Netlist (cdl)
- Layout View (gds2)
- Abstract View (lef)
- Timing View (lib)
- Behavioural Model (Verilog .v)
- Integration Guidelines and Support
- (Subject to Agreement)
- House Keeping / Auxiliary Functions
Block Diagram of the 16-Bit Current Steering DAC