The S3ADSIQ80M12BSM40LL is an ultra low-power 12-bit dual-channel high-speed SAR ADC IP with a dual channel sampling frequency up to 80MS/s per channel. For maximum application flexibility, the power dissipation of this ADC scales with the sampling rate.
This 12-bit ADC can be used in single-channel mode or dual-channel mode allowing for I/Q operation. It features an excellent cross-channel performance that includes 0.1dB gain mismatch and -83dB crosstalk between channels.
Considering a dual-channel operation at sampling rate of 80MS/s per channel, a 10.7MHz input frequency and an input range of 1Vppdiff, this ADC IP features an outstanding dynamic performance that includes 83.8dB SFDR, -81.4dB THD, 64.2dB SNR and 10.4-bit ENOB.
This high-end performance is obtained while dissipating a mere 10.5mW for the complete ADC solution including internal reference voltage generation. That corresponds to an ultra efficient figure of merit of only 49fJ per converted sample per channel.
- SMIC 40nm Low Leakage Process (LL)
- No Analog Options
- 1.1V Core & 2.5V I/O Supplies
- 12-bit I/Q ADC, High-Speed SAR-based Architecture
- Differential Input Signal Range: 1.0Vppdiff
- Dual-Channel Sampling Rate: 80MS/s per Ch.
- Internal Bandgap and Biasing System
- All Required Voltage References Included
- Outstanding Dynamic Performance
- 83.8dB SFDR at fin=10.7MHz
- -81.4dB THD at fin=10.7MHz
- 64.2dB SNR at fin=10.7MHz
- 64.1dB SNDR at fin=10.7MHz
- 10.4-bit ENOB at fin=10.7MHz
- Outstanding Cross-Channel Performance:
- 0.1dB Channels Gain Mismatch
- -83dB Crosstalk between Channels
- Stand-by and Power Down Modes
- Ultra Low Power Dissipation:
- Only 10.5mW Including References, Dual Channel Mode
- Only 5.5mW Excluding References, Dual Channel Mode
- Ultra Efficient ADC Converter:
- Only 49fJ/sample/channel FOM for Complete ADC Solution Including References
- Ultra Compact Die Area