MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 25, 2016 -- Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced broad tool support for designers creating Internet of Things (IoT) products using the new ARM® Cortex®-M23 and Cortex-M33 processors, the first based on the new ARMv8-M architecture that ARM also announced today. Synopsys' design solutions―spanning digital and custom mixed-signal System-on-Chip (SoC) design, hardware/software integration and validation, prototyping, software bring-up, functional safety verification and software integrity―accelerate product design and help ensure functional safety of IoT products based on these new ARM processors.
"Optimized embedded solutions designed to work in the most constrained environments are essential to unleash the full potential of the IoT," said Nandan Nayampally, vice president of marketing and strategy, CPU Group, ARM. "The Cortex-M23 and Cortex-M33 processors will strengthen any edge device with ARM TrustZone™ processor security technology, enhanced performance and energy-efficiency. Synopsys' extensive design solution will support developers in the rapid rollout of these new technologies through a comprehensive tool suite that will enable optimized IoT SoCs for any market."
Synopsys solutions available today to support development of IoT products with the new ARM Cortex-M23 and Cortex-M33 processors include:
- Galaxy™ Design Platform, including Design Compiler® Graphical, IC Compiler™ II place-and-route and Custom Compiler tools, implements power-efficient and cost-effective digital and mixed-signal IoT designs in FinFET as well as mature process technologies
- Verification Continuum™ Platform technologies, including:
- Virtualizer™ Development Kits (VDKs) with ARM Fast Models, including the Cortex-M23 and Cortex-M33 models, enable early development, bring-up, and test for boot, OS, firmware and power management software (available today for early adopters)
- Platform Architect™ analysis with Multicore Optimization (MCO) technology, integrated with ARM Cycle Models, enables architecture optimization and hardware/software performance validation of IoT designs based on the new ARMv8-M processors (Platform Architect support planned to be available in early 2017)
- HAPS® physical prototyping solution accelerates software development, hardware/software integration and system validation
- VCS® functional verification and ZeBu® emulation solutions with Verdi® HW SW Debug deliver fast emulation and prototype performance, and speed hardware/software bring-up and debug
- Software Integrity Platform, including Coverity®, Defensics® and Protecode™ tools, helps build-in cybersecurity and quality through software signoff
"Our design solutions for ARM's new IoT IP build on more than 20 years of collaboration with ARM as well as our proven tools for designing IoT and embedded products," said Glenn Dukes, vice president of strategic alliances at Synopsys. "Early adopters of ARM's first ARMv8-M processors can get started today with Synopsys' solutions spanning silicon to software design."
For more information about Synopsys optimized solutions for ARM-based design, please see http://www.synopsys.com/ARM.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP and is also growing its leadership in software quality and security solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest quality and security, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.