The Cadence® Verification IP (VIP) for USB4 provides a highly capable verification solution for the USB4 protocol incorporating bus functional model (BFM) and integrated protocol checkers and coverage. It is based on the next-generation USB protocol architecture of USB4 specification. The VIP for USB4 enables multiple simultaneous data and display protocols and supports them to share the bandwidth over the bus. It supports the two-lane operation and up to 40Gbps speed.
The VIP for USB4 is compatible with the industry-standard Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) and runs on all leading simulators.
- The USB4 protocol features details are currently restricted to the members of the USB4 Working Group.
- Support verification of all protocol layers and configurations
- Callback-based error injection capability for creation of illegal stimulus from the VIP.
- Predefined protocol checkers to verify the DUT against the protocol requirements.
- Monitor agent with analysis ports, which can be used for scoreboarding purpose.
- SV coverage infrastructure for extendable coverage.