The DesignWare tRoot Hardware Secure Modules (HSMs) offer silicon-proven, self-contained security solutions with Root of Trust for a wide range of applications, including IoT, industrial control, networking, media and mobile devices.
Creating trust in devices begins early in the design process and figures in aspects of manufacturing, service and maintenance processes through and up to their eventual end of life. Many devices store and process valuable information such as service subscriptions, health records, credit card and banking information, and similar data on behalf of their owners that must be protected to prevent against threats and misuse against their rightful owners. Deeply embedded security has never been more critical.
DesignWare® tRoot™ Hardware Secure Modules (HSMs) with Root of Trust enable connected devices to securely and uniquely identify and authenticate themselves to create secure channels for remote device management and service deployment. The flexible tRoot Fx HSM (Figure 1) includes fully programmable and highly configurable solutions that enable designers to tune the HSM to their exact requirements, while the pre-built tRoot Vx HSM family offers a defined security boundary for a complete, drop-in security solution. tRoot HSMs are designed to easily integrate into system-on-chips (SoCs) and provide robust hardware-enforced protection while maintaining a high level of performance through cryptographic acceleration and offering designers options to create solutions with the most efficient combination of power, size, and performance. tRoot HSMs provide a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) to protect sensitive information and processing and implement securitycritical functions such as secure boot, storage, debug, anti-tampering and key management required throughout the device life cycle.
- Efficient ARC SEM Security Processor
- SoC host and peripheral interfaces
- APEX cryptography acceleration (CryptoPack)
- Clock and reset management
- Rich software libraries (NIST validated cryptography, device drivers, secure boot, and DSP)
- SecureShield runtime library
- Synopsys TRNG reference design example
- Synopsys ARChitect IP configuration tool
- Secure APEX extension options
- The flexible tRoot Fx HSMs with programmable root of trust include fully programmable and highly configurable solutions that enable designers to tune the HSM to their exact requirements.
- The pre-built tRoot Vx HSMs offer a defined security boundary for a complete, drop-in security solution.
- IPLib installation file, which includes User-configurable hardware (RTL) and software source code (using Synopsys’ ARChitect IP configuration tool) – Complete set of front-end views – Demonstration application available as design template – ARC EM IPLib installation file
- Databook (PDF)
- Release notes (PDF)
- ARChitect configuration too
- Mobile – Embedded SIM (eSIM/iSIM) – Embedded universal integrated circuit card (eUICC/iUICC) – Embedded secure element – Mobile payment
- Internet of Things (IoT) – Smart metering – eGovernment IDs
- Automotive – Telematics – V2V/V2I communications
- Industrial – Programmable logic controllers (PLC) – Robotics