This is a dedicated high-performance processing engine for the Scrypt Cryptocurrency mining algorithm (eg. Litecoin and derivatives). Cryptocurrency mining requires the acceleration of the multiple Scrypt hash functions.
The ChipStart Scrypt Mining Accelerator (CMA) provides a level of programability in determining the algorithm for nonce updates and result search parameters. The CMA has four ports that allow multiple chips to be assembled into an array to support massively parallel search using many chips operating in concert. To achieve this a controller requests the system to self-enumerate to establish how many devices are connected in the system and how the work load is distributed. This also sets up the mechanism to send results back to the controller. The controller needs only connect at one point to the array.
- High Performance Scrypt multi hash pipelines for Cryptocurrency Mining (eg Litecoin and derivatives)
- Multiple Concurrent Pipelines
- Automatic division of work
- Expansion ports supporting multi-chip and multi-currency solutions
- Architected for a balance of High-Performance and Low power (15 W @ 5GHz on 22nm foundry process)
- JTAG test port
- Scrypt Cryptocurrency Mining like Litecoin and its many derivatives.